2008年3月24日 星期一

A Taste of Mexico



Few foods are more festive than Mexican cuisine. The bright colors-including reds, greens, yellow-are a fiesta for the eyes. The food's varied textures are a delight for the mouth. And the many finger foods make it possible to eat a whole meal without ever picking up a fork.


What more could you ask for?

I recently made my way to a local restaurant in search of some festive Mexican fare. Right away, the restaurant's colorful Mexican decor made me smile. I knew I had come to the right place.


I started my mouthwatering Mexican meal with a popular appetizer-quesadilla. This dish is made with a fried tortilla-or flatbread-folded over a cheese center. I ate my quesadilla with my hands. And before I knew it, that tasty finger food had me in a happy mood.


Next, I wrapped my fingers around another delicious appetizer-chicken flautitas. These small, flute-shaped snacks are filled with shredded chicken and fried until golden brown. The moist chicken center and crunchy tortilla shell made my taste buds dance.


Tortilla chips also make a great Mexican meal-starter. Whole tortillas are cut into triangle-shaped pieces and deep-fried to make these tasty chips. They can be dipped in either a spice saisa(a tomato-based dip) or a cool guacamole(made from avocados). I tried each dip, and both were simple delectable.


But by then, I was ready for something a little more filling. So I ordered two main dishes: a chicken chimichange and a beaf enchilada.

The enchilada, on the other hand, was a Mexican bandito that set my taste buds on fire. Covered with a spicy tomato sauce and topped with cheese, this enchilada completely satisfied.


After devouring my enchilada, it was time to cool down. So I ordered a scoop of fried ice cream. As I took a bite of this scrumptious frozen treat, I pondered a very important question: Just how do they deep-fry ice cream without melting it? It made for a fun ending to my very festive meal.
summary
Mexican cuisine makes the author joys. There are some bright colors including reds, greens, yellows in the food so that we can't wait to taste it.The Mexican food let the author feel satisifed. It make for a fun ending to my very festival meal.
words
1.decor 2.moist 3.delectable 4.fare
useful words
1.delight 2.ponder 3.mouthwatering 4.appetizer
thinking
I like to taste food so I choose about food's article Mexico's food also let me happy because it is different Taiwan's food. For example, a quesadilla looks delicious and we can eat them with our hands. Finding them, we can also eat them with special sauce. Oh, Mexico is my heaven. I also like the Fried ice cream. I can't imagine what the favor is. I really want to try it.

沒有留言: